Start: 31/12/2022 End: 30/12/2024
Project Reference: 2022-1-IE01-KA220-ADU-000085292
Grant: 250,000.00 €
Key Action: Partnerships for cooperation and exchanges of practices
Action Type: Cooperation partnerships in adult education
The project is grounded in tailoring the needs of adults living in European islands who have access to fewer opportunities and are facing economic difficulties and challenges. Islands have a limited capacity to develop creative mass and expertise in new fields, which may lead to difficulties in adapting to smart economy. The project partners will develop and exchange information and case studies related to the situation in their respective countries and communities regarding the blue economic sector, entrepreneurship, and sustainable tourism.
- Creating upskilling pathways, improving accessibility and increasing take-up of adult education for young people living in EU Islands
- Fostering the employability of the target group involved by increasing entrepreneurship skills and providing opportunities through an innovative training methodology to develop their ideas and businesses in this sector
- Improving the professional competence of adult trainers
- Research of latest developments in entrepreneurship and eco-tourism in partner countries
- Creation of an Upskilling Curriculum for Disadvantaged Adults in the field of eco-tourism and entrepreneurship.
- Implementation of a training programme and a local testing phase in each partner country.
- Development of an E-Course: The contents of the E-course will be related to entrepreneurship to support learners in acquiring the necessary business skills for creating a blue ecotourism company.